Tuesday 20 January 2009

What would life be like without the internet, how would our lives change?

I suppose i would certainly not be as lazy as i am now, i blame the Internet for making me like this. If the Internet was not there to distract me i would be more passionate about what i want to do as my profession. I would still enjoy drawing cartoons but it would be more of a hobby than a passion, i would most likely be pursuing my music hobby as a profession. Basically my life would be the opposite of what it is now. I know that for one thing my sense of humour would not be as good as it is today (which is pretty rubbish to be honest) as I spend some time viewing comedians and comics on YouTube.

But without the Internet researching would take much longer and could be more boring than it is now. I mean just look at how quickly we can find information for an assignment or project. The Internet is much more comfortable and entertaining when looking for research and info. But on a brighter note because of the lack of resources, gathering research would be easy as pie, your teacher would never ask you to look at multiple sources for research you could just go to the library for it.

On a sadder note however i would not have the friends i have today. Most of my friends i have met were in school or college classes that were crucially linked to the Internet in some way. I don't trust people easily since an incident involving the Internet. If the Internet doesn't exist, then the incident never happened, which means that i would trust too easily and get walked over by people all of my life (Although it would help me psychologically). We would all have to buy our music from shops instead of downloading it :( .

Another very important matter is that without the Internet, banks would not be able to organise their accounts easily and would be forced to do it manually. There would be not credit crunch and we could all live our lives much happier. Woolworths and Zavvi would still exist and we would'nt always have to go to HMV for music and DVD's, we would have options, choices and variety :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have issues with your internet theories.....
1, You can't blame the internet for you being lazy!
2, Gathering sources for research would be much harder without the internet as you would have to find all the sources for yourself instead of having the internet search for you. You would still have to use multiple sources such as interviews, questionnaires, biographies, magazines, manuals etc the difference is you would be doing the work for yourself instead of Google doing it for you
3, I think the internet should give you more passion for your work and wanting to get into animation as you are exposed to a huge network that allows you to view others work, follow tutorials and even contact and follow popular animators with the click of a button.
I think you need to be more positive! :)